BACKGROUND: Born and raised in Waterbury, Connecticut. Currently lives in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in English with a concentration in creative writing and a minor in Sociology from the University of Maine, 2004.
- Author of five novels
- Published in numerous magazines both online and in print
- Content developer/writer for WISEGEEK, an information search website. Produced several thousand articles on a wide range of topics.
- Former marketing assistant at Naugatuck Valley Community College, providing a wide range of writing and editing services
- Taught high school English as well as Speech and Debate
- Successful blogger, reaching an audience of 5-10 thousand viewers per day on some websites
- Editor of Waterloggedaugust
- Trains invisible dragons in his free time.
OTHER INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT DAN: Professional bicycle mechanic with over a decade of experience; accomplished musician; makes killer Chicken Cacciatore; loves baseball, hockey, cycling, good Scotch, cold beer, and Acid cigars.
WANT TO SEE SOME WRITING SAMPLES? Feel free to ask. I’d be happy to provide them. Simply use the CONTACT menu item above.
Read an interview with Dan Cavallari by clicking here: HAMPTON NETWORKS INTERVIEW WITH DAN CAVALLARI
Write every single day, and read as much as possible. Don’t read junk; have more respect for yourself. Read things that challenge you, read books that entertain you, read books that fascinate you. Just read read read. And when you’re done reading, write. You won’t get better at it if that great novel stays “up here” in your brain and never makes it to paper.
And never be embarrassed about being a writer. People will mock you, believe me. They will belittle you and ask you when you’re going to get a real job. You’re doing something more important than sitting in a cubicle. Keep writing.